Meet a Texas farmer: Jason Pyle grows pumpkins in Floydada | Home & Garden
By Jessica Domel
This morning as I was scrolling through my Facebook feed, I couldn’t help but notice that the majority of my friends were excited about a spiced pumpkin coffee drink, a pumpkin-scented candle, new pumpkins they had purchased for decorating their homes and the return of the pumpkin patch at a local church or non-profit. I, for one, love visiting the pumpkin patch. There’s always some new type that I’ve never seen before, and I absolutely love watching my friends’ kids walk through the pumpkins to try to find the perfect one for them.
But where do those pumpkins we all love so much come from? Well, they come from Texas pumpkin farmers like Jason Pyle who we visited on his Floydada farm during pumpkin harvest last year. Check out the video, above!
Where would we be without farmers like Jason? Thanks for helping us ring in the fall season Jason!
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City of Lindale to Host Two Christmas Events in December for Community Participation
- Fire destroys family home, but family Bible survives the flames
- Heirloom family Bible safely retrieved from burned Smith Co. home
- Top 10 reasons I'm thankful to be part of a farming family
- East Texas restaurants serving on Thanksgiving Day