Meet a Texas farmer: Jason Pyle grows pumpkins in Floydada | Home & Garden
By Jessica Domel
This morning as I was scrolling through my Facebook feed, I couldn’t help but notice that the majority of my friends were excited about a spiced pumpkin coffee drink, a pumpkin-scented candle, new pumpkins they had purchased for decorating their homes and the return of the pumpkin patch at a local church or non-profit. I, for one, love visiting the pumpkin patch. There’s always some new type that I’ve never seen before, and I absolutely love watching my friends’ kids walk through the pumpkins to try to find the perfect one for them.
But where do those pumpkins we all love so much come from? Well, they come from Texas pumpkin farmers like Jason Pyle who we visited on his Floydada farm during pumpkin harvest last year. Check out the video, above!
Where would we be without farmers like Jason? Thanks for helping us ring in the fall season Jason!
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man who brought Ben Wheeler back to life passes away
- Son who shot suspected burglar: 'I wasn't going to have my dad die in front of me'
- Investigators release identity of woman killed in house explosion
- Sheriff: Son shoots burglar to save father's life during stand-off
- Got your girl a gun for Christmas? ETX gun club is 'ladies only'
- Firefighter Joe Yeakley benefits this weekend offer opportunities to help
- What's going on in East Texas this weekend? January 23-26
- Lindale business owner launches sign campaign opposing 'relief route'
- Fund set up for firefighter critically injured in early morning fire
- Walmart robbery suspect Bowers also charged with earlier assault