UPDATE: Arrest made in fatal Sulphur Springs stabbing | News
UPDATE 12/15 at 8:20: An arrest has been made in the fatal stabbing of Justin Pawlik that happened in Sulphur Springs on December 6. Clint Weldon Wilson of Sulphur Springs was arrested at 5:30, Wednesday evening and charged with murder. He is currently in the Hopkins County Jail.
SULPHUR SPRINGS, TX (KLTV) - Sulphur springs police are investigating a fatal stabbing that happened late Tuesday night.
Police say that it happened just after 10:00 pm in the 100 block of Bill Bradford Road. In addition to the person that was killed, police say that two other people -- a man and woman -- were hospitalized.
Police Chief Jim Bayuk said when officers arrived on scene they found a man dead. He has been identified as 27-year-old Justin Daniel Pawlik.
Bayuk said the incident started when the female, identified as 36-year-old Dionne Penny went over to the home of her boyfriend 30-year-old Clint Wilson.
Police said Pawlik, who previously had a relationship with Penny, threatened to come over to the residence and when he did a confrontation started in the front yard.
All the victims received knife wounds. Penny and Wilson were transported to a local hospital with what are described as non-life threatening injuries.
Chief Bayuk said charges have not been filed in this case.
Check back to KLTV.com throughout the day for updates.
Copyright 2011 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man who brought Ben Wheeler back to life passes away
- Son who shot suspected burglar: 'I wasn't going to have my dad die in front of me'
- Investigators release identity of woman killed in house explosion
- Sheriff: Son shoots burglar to save father's life during stand-off
- Got your girl a gun for Christmas? ETX gun club is 'ladies only'
- Firefighter Joe Yeakley benefits this weekend offer opportunities to help
- What's going on in East Texas this weekend? January 23-26
- Lindale business owner launches sign campaign opposing 'relief route'
- Fund set up for firefighter critically injured in early morning fire
- Walmart robbery suspect Bowers also charged with earlier assault