Mom shot in front of children identified, suspect arrested | News
GREENVILLE, TX (KLTV) - A man is jailed for allegedly shooting his wife, while she was in her car with their children.
Micah Brown, 32, is being held in the Hunt County Jail awaiting arraignment on murder charges.
Police say Brown's ex wife, Stella Michelle Ray, called Police from her car Wednesday morning, saying he tried to run her off the road in Greenville.
Police say, when an officer arrived to Ray's car on Sayle Street, Brown fired the fatal shot.
"We lost a precious member of our family and three little kids, three little kids lost their mother," says Ray's brother Phillip.
Phillip Ray says this is the last violent act his sister Stella endured at the hands of her ex husband.
Police say they received a frantic call from Stella, saying she feared her ex husband, Micah Brown, was about to run her off the road.
Addie Luke says she heard the gunshot and came rushing out of her home to a horrifying scene. After the shooting, Addie says she watched Brown get back in his car and speed away.
For hours overnight, Police Chief Dan Basken says multiple agencies searched for Brown.
"At approximately 7 am we received a call from a business in the area reporting a man with a gun," says Basken.
Stella's brother says her two small children are with family. He says her 15-year-old son is perhaps the most heartbroken.
Authorities say just two days ago, Stella Ray reported to Police that her ex husband had assaulted her.
Copyright 2011 KLTV. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man who brought Ben Wheeler back to life passes away
- Son who shot suspected burglar: 'I wasn't going to have my dad die in front of me'
- Investigators release identity of woman killed in house explosion
- Sheriff: Son shoots burglar to save father's life during stand-off
- Got your girl a gun for Christmas? ETX gun club is 'ladies only'
- Firefighter Joe Yeakley benefits this weekend offer opportunities to help
- What's going on in East Texas this weekend? January 23-26
- Lindale business owner launches sign campaign opposing 'relief route'
- Fund set up for firefighter critically injured in early morning fire
- Walmart robbery suspect Bowers also charged with earlier assault